Re: number of Cache Directories

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 20:23:57 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Adalto Silva Correia Filho wrote:

> Is there any performance decrease (or increase) when we're using
> more than one (say 5) cache directories with squid 2?

We're running separate cache directories (one per disk) and find it perfectly
acceptable for performance with Squid 2.x (given that each physical spindle
can roam freely rather than be "in-sync" as in a RAID-type system).

Putting the cache disks on their own F/W SCSI controller also helps (with the
logs on a different disk/controller).

Cheers..

dave