Re: Recovering of cache directory

From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 20:59:48 +0000

Anton Korotin wrote:

> Is there any way to recover swap directory content if
> swap.state file is lost or havily damaged?
>
> If I run squid without having this file in cache_dir
> it seems like squid doesn't try to see anything there...
>
> squid v1.2.beta22

Not in squid v1.2. I believe it is now possible in squid v2, which I would
strongly recommend upgrading to - especially since you'll have to start with
an empty cache now anyway, and doubly especially from a beta release.

Jifl

--
Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"Women marry hoping their husbands will change, men||Home e-mail: jifl @