Re: Squid Memory Usage

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 01:53:31 +0100

Benjamin de los Angeles Jr. wrote:

> I have 384 MB of RAM and I set, 'cache_mem' to 120 MB (is this right?),

Generally not a good idea. I would cut the last 0 from that ;-)

See the Squid FAQ for more info on cache_mem.

> since there's a note that says process can become twice or three times
> bigger than the value for cache_mem. But looking at cache manager's
> General Runtime Report:
> Memory accounted for:
> Total accounted: 54054 KB

Your Squid has probably not yet had enought traffic to built up a cache
in memory. The in-memory cache will grow up to cache_mem gradually as
more requests are processed.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker