Re: TCP_MISS

From: David J Woolley <djw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 15:41:00 +0000

> I see, how about TCP_MISS/200. My logs are full of those, and for the same
> sites

Repeated occurence of this would be due to uncacheable pages. Many
sites produce these to get better access statistics or to make every
page different (e.g. different adverts). Most of these reasons are
bad from a total system point of view, but are often good from a
commercial point of view for the information provider, although
sometimes it is just ignorance.

Microsoft, in particular, has been heavily pushing dynamic content
with its Active Server Pages product.

--
David Woolley - Office: David Woolley <djw@bts.co.uk>
BTS             Home: <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>