Re: Authentication:the same userid from only one station at a time

From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:46:39 +0000

Gabana Andrea wrote:

> > > Is there anyone who knows how can I force Squid 2.1 P2 to let one userid
> > > to be used only from one client at the same time?
> The clients are win 95 /win NT with Netscape 4.xx or MSIE 3 or greater

Those are single user OS's - how do you expect more than one client to use
it _at_the_same_time_? Or do you mean you only want one connection from each
PC at once?

If the latter then I don't believe squid can enforce this in any way. But
you might be able to achieve your overall objective (presumably restricting
overuse of web access) using delay pools.

See squid.conf and http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/FAQ/FAQ-19.html#ss19.7

Jifl

--
Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"Women marry hoping their husbands will change, men||Home e-mail: jifl @