secure authentication with ldap server ?

From: <nagy_l@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 20:28:42 -1300

Hi!

We are use ldap_auth for authentication to my Netscape LDAP server.

My problem is: this authentication is a clear text, and some network monitor
program can to monitor the passwords...

How to make this session is secure ?

Second problem: the autentication string between client and the cache server
only encoded.This is not problem for an advanced user(hacker)...

How to make this communication is secure ?

We are use squid 2.1-patch2 under linux.
Thanks in advance!

Bye!Lajos