RE: Problems with Ftp

From: Gordon Scott <gordon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:56:56 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, David J Woolley wrote:

> > There is no firewall.
>
> In that case normal ftp clients will work unconditionally and the
> presence of squid is *still* irrelevant. I believe you must have a
> firewall, even if it is only doing network address translation, not
> filtering.

Do the Windows machine know where their default route (gateway) is?
Or, could this be an 'accidental' firewall. Perhaps squid is on the
gateway machine and there's no routing configured for other machines.

G.
Gordon Scott Opinions expressed are my own.
gordon@multitone.co.uk (official) gordon@mepsys.demon.co.uk (backdoor)
gordon@apis.demon.co.uk (home) http://www.apis.demon.co.uk
Linux ............... Because I like to _get_ there today.