Re: Unidentified subject!

From: Yann Ramin (Admin Account) <atrus@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 11:55:26 -0800 (PST)

Well, the FAQ covers most of this but...

Most (good) programs allow you to configure them to work with proxys.
Proxys are designed to work mainly with web browsers, although I have seen
some FTP clients that you can configure in this way too. Also Telnet is
non-proxyable and will not work with squid. Consider a SOCKS server or
something similar (Cisco makes a nice dedicated IP translation box).

Your local 'excessivley odd' sysadmin, Yann Ramin.
Visit http://www.montereyhigh.com/
Quite possibly the worlds best school website!