DNS EXPANSION

From: Helena <helen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 03:23:16 +0000

Hello Bryan,

You can use:

append_domain .com

Since most *NIX servers are configured to resolve web server to the same IP
of the domain this works great. Unfortunately you would get error if the
destination site is on an NT server (Dancer's redirector advise i believe
is the solution to this).

In order this to work well, we assume:

1. Most of the internet servers are on *NIX.
2. Most of the domains end in .com

which works fine for our users.

>I have read the FAQ and seached the mailing list archieve
>and could not find a resolution to the little problem that
>I have.
>
>When I am in Netscape and type "ibm" in the Location: and
>hit enter I get The requested URL could not be retrieved.
>Is there a way to have squid expand the domain name to
>www.ibm.com.
>
>====================================
>Bryan Call
>Geocities (http://www.geocities.com)