Re: ftp upload - again

From: David J Woolley <djw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 13:59:59 +0000

> I've been having some problems getting the FTP upload feature in navigator
> to work while using Squid as a proxy. Namely the menu command 'Upload
> file...' is
> disabled. Is there some
> config file option in squid.conf that I am missing? Maybe compile time?

Your problem is with Netscape. Netscape doesn't know how to upload
through an HTTP proxy to an FTP URL because there are no standards
for this. Even if you did some mapping for HTTP PUT to an FTP
upload, Netscape would not magically realise this was possible.

--
David Woolley - Office: David Woolley <djw@bts.co.uk>
BTS             Home: <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>