Re: Adult Sites

From: Rodney Holm <rodneyh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:55:26 -0700

Blocking all pornographic/non-work related sites is a daunting task. There are
several commercial products available that work with squid. The value in
these commercial products is the list of sites that they have compiled.

http://www.netpartners.com ## turnkey (hardware/software) running squid
http://www.smartfilter.com ## offers a redirector for squid

I am not sure if blacklisting is the best way to filter this material but it
is certainly more reliable than using keywords. There is absolutely no way
there will ever be a comprehensive list compiled given the nature of Internet
content. There seems to be quite alot of demand for a "free" blacklist
implementation, but asking the Internet community to surf porn and compile the
results seems a bit much.

Rodney D. Holm                  rodneyh@apexxtech.com
Apexx Technology, Inc.          http://www.apexxtech.com