Solution: Ftp icons

From: Ian Mortimer <ian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:55:55 +1000

With squid 2.1 Patch 2 (on Tru64 Unix 4.0C) I couldn't get the ftp
icons to work.

It turned out that the problem was that I was using a CNAME alias
for the visible_hostname in squid.conf. When I changed to the
proper host name (FQDN) the problem disappeared.

This was in the archives and is one of the things I tried but
either I didn't execute `squid -k reconfigure' properly or squid got
confused by so many reconfigures. Most likely my mistake.

Thanks to Jonathon Lamour for his offer to help. Much appreciated.

Ian