traffic from squid to server and to client!

From: Sherif Diaa El-Din - Email <sherifd1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 19:19:55 +0200 (EET)

Dear All,

Why do I have this in the cachemgr.cgi ?

client_http.kbytes_in = 0.312107/sec
client_http.kbytes_out = 4.524855/sec
server.http.kbytes_in = 7.605141/sec
server.http.kbytes_out = 0.238033/sec

it seems here that the traffic from servers to proxy is larger that
traffic from proxy to clients ? or did I understand that wrong ?

I have a dought that squid recieves traffic more than it needs to transmit
to users, can that happen sometime ?
because from few days I had large traffic, and when I stopped the squid,
and redirection I found traffic was much less

I have Squid/2.0.PATCH2, on sun ULTRA solaris 2.6
using IP filter package for redirection, (transparent proxy)

I also had these warning while compiling squid on it, but I ignored it
then after squid worked fine later:

comm.c: In function `comm_connect_addr':
comm.c:418: warning: passing arg 4 of `getsockopt' from incompatible
pointer type

Also I had many warinings for "subscript has type `char'"
Here is an example :
/usr/local/bin/gcc -g -O2 -Wall -I. -I../include -I../include -c
HttpHeader.c
HttpHeader.c: In function `httpHeaderGetAuth':
HttpHeader.c:818: warning: subscript has type `char'

Cheers
Sherif Mohamed