Re: ftp not passive retrieval by squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 14:57:17 +0100

Radoslaw Stachowiak wrote:

> Is it settable at runtime or only in source code?

Squid first tries a passive connection. If that fails it uses a active
(PORT) connection, and if that to fails it falls back on the default
port management.

To disable passive connections a one line change in src/ftp.c is needed:
    ftpState->flags.pasv_supported = 1;
    ftpState->flags.pasv_supported = 0;

> Does squid use different program to do ftp retrieval?

No. Squid 2.X has it is built in in the main program.

> The problem arise during using squid from behind a firewall.

I would suggest fixing the firewall instead.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker