Re: FTP ASCII/BINARY problem

From: David J Woolley <djw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 15:40:32 +0000

> My problem was, that the user who does the download doesn't go
> through a directory listing as produced by squid, but instead
> clicks on a URL that points to a file on the FTP server. This URL lacks
> the ;type=i stuff.

It shouldn't be that difficult to obtain the URL and copy it to the
address line. However, it sounds like you should really encourage
the maintainer of the site in question to:

1) specify an FTP type in the URL;

2) specify the media type with a type parameter in the anchor.

Both Netscape and Squid are quite common, so you shouldn't get the
level of resistance that one can get in trying have HTML syntax
errors corrected when the big 2 produce the expected result.

--
David Woolley - Office: David Woolley <djw@bts.co.uk>
BTS             Home: <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>