network setup

From: Travis Johnson <tlj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 22:03:41 -0700

Hello,

We are beginning to setup a transparent proxy cache. We have a Cisco
7206 router with four 10BaseT ports and one 100BaseTX port. Would I be
better to put the proxy cache on a dedicated 10mbps port, or off the
100mbps switched port? We are using Cisco's policy routing to re-direct
www traffic, so either way it will put the same load on the router's
cpu. I'm just wondering what is the better solution for faster response?
and why?

Travis
Microserv