Re: Making FTP Uploads through Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 20:17:35 +0100

Stephan Budach wrote:

> Is it possible - and if, how has it to be configured - to make ftp uploads
> through Squid 2.1Patch2 using user authentication, so that user can upload
> to external ftp hosts where they have an account?

Yes, and it should work straight out of the box without any
configuration.

Verified using the following setup:
Browser: Netscape 3.01 Linux
Squid: 2.1.PATCH2+some patches (none related to this I think)
Squid config: basic configuration with proxy_auth

Gave two login prompts. First proxy authentication, and then FTP server
password. Then I used "Upload file" from the Netscape File menu to send
a file to the FTP server throught the proxy. The file appeared as
expected in the current directory on the FTP server.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker