Ack, my squid will authenticate anyone after several tries

From: Michael Barnes <mibarnes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 22:44:58 -0500

Subject says it all. I wrote a small program to authenticate my users
with a kerberos server and only returns OK if I try it at the command
line. But if I keep trying with any username and any passwd it will
finnaly give up and let me through. How is this happening? I am using
squid under linux 2.2 with threads. Is this some sort of variable
corruption within the treads? I cannot reproduce the problem at all by
running the authenticator on the commandline.

TIA

Mike