Re: State of Squid

From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 18:14:17 +0100

In message <Pine.LNX.4.04.9903040940040.22644-100000@brookie.inconnect.com>
          Dax Kelson <dkelson@inconnect.com> wrote:
> What version of squid should I be using in a production environment?
Squid 2.1PATCH2, because it's the latest stable release.

> I'm currently running Squid 2.1PATCH2 and I've had many problems. After a
> few weeks of running it gets really slow in responding even after a
> restart. I basically have to blow away my cache every so often and that
> brings it back to normal.
Hmmm. Sounds to me like you don't have enough physical RAM to handle
the cache when it gets larger. If this is true, add more RAM or shrink
the size of your cache-dirs.

Bye,
  Thilo.

--
Mir ist mein Signature entlaufen :-(. Wer es findet, sende es bitte an
Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE zurück. Danke!