HOW TO avoid parent cache to query destination site

From: George Amaro <george@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 11:47:29 -0300

Squiders,

Our WAN, uses satellites links across all Country.
We have an intranet running on our main hub.
Some networks have one link with the WAN and other to ISPs or other
backbone provider.
My parent cache is one from the backbone provider.
When I try to access the intranet, the browser asks my cache that asks its
parent. When the parent tries to get HTMLs from the intranet, using its IP,
the firewall blocks the request and sends to me an error message.

So what I need?
- For the intranet site, the request should be issued direct, without using
the parent.

I've tested an ACL with allways_direct but it haven't worked!

Can someone help me?

TIA

George Amaro
Grupo de Engenharia de Redes da Embrapa george@cpafrr.embrapa.br