Re: State of Squid

From: Roger Pe?a Escobio <roger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 18:14:43 -0500

the same hapen to me, few days ago, even at 12 o'clock when we restart
squid, this is the msg
>Stopping squid-2 :.......done
>Starting squid-2: squid-2 corriendo
>(squid): client_side.c:475: clientHandleIMSReply: Assertion
`entry->store_status != STORE_ABORTED' failed.

, the squid restart itseft aumatically but the squid.pid file was wrong, the
PID on file is the oldest, aparently i solve the problems reinstaling again
:-)) , aparently because the problems come last week and is too early, you
know if the # PID in squid.pid is wrong you can't do any change to squid
(reconfigure, stop, .....) or do?

by the way , my squid is running on Sidus sparc with Red Hat 5.1

Roger