Re: What is included in V2

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 23:59:50 +0100

Simon.Dray wrote:

> People can some tell me where I can find a document telling me about all the
> new features in V2.X. Forgive me if this is a dumb question " I'm a newbie "

Don't know if there is such a document, but some of the improvements
are:

* Faster
* Smaller memory footprint
* Separately maintained cache directories. You can add/remove disks
without loosing your entire cache.
* Support for persistent connections.
* FTP protocol built in. No more ftpget processes.
* Cache digests for more efficient peerings.
* Proxy authentication is stable and much more flexible.
* And a lot of other improvements

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker