Proxy auth - Idea?

From: Steven Sporen <sporens@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 10:37:36 +0002

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could make a mod to the proxy auth section in
the auth.c file. The idea is to change the proxy_auth protocol to the following:
User exists -> OK
User denied -> ERR
or
User denied -> ERR <URL>

I looked in the code and it just tests for OK so anything else is treated as
denied so it could even be made
User denied -> <URL>
The problem with this is that it'll break most proxy_auth progs. at this stage.

Where <URL> is the location of a page explaining the reason for the denial.

Easy/hard to implement?

Thanx

Cheers
  Steve