Re: Host IP addresses in access.log

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 23:02:51 +0100

Shamil R. Yahin wrote:

> I am wondering if someone did this:
> I want to have destination host IP addresses in urls
> in access.log instead of domain names.
>
> Is it possible to make some changes to squid program so that
> it will write IP addresses to access.log?

Yes.

If you are willing to try development versions of Squid I have a
2.2.DEVEL3 path available from http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/. Maybe
this change will be part of the official 2.2 release, maybe not.

It should be possible to do a similar change to earlier versions of
Squid as well, but it requires substansially more work.

---
Henrik Nordstrom