Re: Changing conf file automatically

From: Richard Stagg <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 09:01:27 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Simon,

When faced with this problem, I used a redirector to block access to the
sites in question, pointing the user instead at a locally served page
which basically said "Uh-uh, this page is only available between 12pm and
13:30".

It's easy in Perl to check the time of day, and make a decision over
whether to redirect or not. And it saves the small service interruption
you get when you HUP the cache.

Rgds

Richard Stagg

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Simon Bryan wrote:

> I was recently asking about restricting access to certain sites
> (webmail) to particular IP addresses on site. Thanks to the help
> from here I have that working. I have now been asked to vary this
> and allow more machines access at lunch time only. Could I use a
> cron job to re-copy the conf file from a master copy and then
> restart (kill -HUP ???) squid? I have never created a cron job, am
> sure I can do it through Webmin but am totally unsure what
> commands to enter.

Richard Stagg
Internet Architect
squid@bae.co.uk