Directory Listing Denied

From: Chris Dillon <cdillon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:54:04 -0600 (CST)

I searched the FAQ, User's Guide, and mailing list archives to try and
find information about this, but to no avail. I have encountered a
few sites where I always get "Directory Listing Denied -- This Virtual
Directory does not allow contents to be listed" when trying to access
certain parts of them through the proxy. Works fine when bypassing
the proxy. I'm using a mostly default squid.conf (nothing changed
that would affect how headers/etc. are handled). I'm running 2.1p2 on
FreeBSD 2.2.6.

One example site is http://www.pricewatch.com. Try using the search
feature or select one of the product categories to view. Sometimes I
can achieve similar results attempting to browse around IBM's site.

Are the site-managers morons and have created a proxy-unfriendly site,
or is there something I can do about it on my end?

Thanks!

P.S. Be sure to include me in the reply, since I am not subscribed to
the mailing list.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
/* FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and compatibles (SPARC and Alpha under development)
   ( http://www.freebsd.org ) */