Cache Searching

From: Jonathon Padfield <olorin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 17:14:43 +1100

The script fileno-to-pathname.pl included with squid 2.1.PATCH2 doesnt
seem to work with the new hash format. Does anyone know of an equivalent
reverse algorithm that works? It worked with 1.1 from memory, as I'd
built a small cache search cgi proggy around it, that'd let you search
through the logs, and produce clickable links to display the files
matched. The searching isnt tricky, its just turning the fileno into a
pathname & filename.

A script browsecache.pl was mentioned on this list, but while that
includes the source for fileno-to-pathname, its not actually used. Using
Cache-Control: only-if-cached works to a limited extent, but too often
returns a 'not found in cache' (not that - I tested with objects swapped
from the tail of store.log) or 'requires revalidation' more likely the
problem. Anyways, the files are there on disk, squid knows where they
are, surely its possible to replicate the algorithm externally?

Jonathon Padfield