How can I make it faster.

From: Lubna Sorour <lsorour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:09:11 +0200

I know I've asked this question before, but has anyone tried WinGate?
Its about ten times faster than Squid. I've tried setting the following
parameters and I would like you to tell me if there's something better I
can do...the main reason we're using Squid is to make our ISP service
faster.

refresh_pattern -i 10 50 4320 override-expire
httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
cache_mem 8MB

please tell me if there are other parameters that affect the speed.