Solaris 7 and Squid : No Object Data

From: Sid Baldwin <sid.baldwin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 13:57:48 +0000

I've been trying to implement Squid on Solaris 7 for some time now and
it's not going well! I tried 2.1P2 and it just slowed to a crawl as soon
as it was loaded with more than a few users. I've even compiled 1.1.22
and used the same config file as our current (solaris 2.5) proxy server
(which works fine with 1.1.22) and still the new one collapses under any
kind of loading.

I keep getting the error :

The following error was encountered:
      No Object Data
This means that:
    The remote server closed the connection before sending any data.

Yet when I press reload it loads ok (though very slowly). This only
seems to happen under heavy loading. (ie more than 20 or so clients)

Any ideas?

--
Sid Baldwin
 Web Services Administrator