Optimal sizing

From: Robert Wall <rsw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 00:30:59 -0600 (CST)

I'm running squid 2.x on our parent caching server. I've noticed that
Squid only appears to be using the first level directories 00 through 0A
(I have them going up to 7F) on each of three drives.

Is there a formula for calculating the optimal number of first and second
level directories, as well as the number of objects per bucket, to ensure
efficient utilization?

Appreciative of any light you can shed on this matter.

Robert Wall (rsw@vsat.net)
Systems Technician
Intellicom, Inc.
http://www.vsat.net/