Re: Bind Squid to two IP-Adresses/one Port or: What about tomatos

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 23:50:37 +0100

Kai Szymanski wrote:

> I look in the manual and the faq to find something about it but can't find
> much (or have i tomatos non my eyes ? :).

Binding to multiple IP addresses is not (yet) supported by Squid, only
multiple ports on the same address.

Tip: If you use Linux then you can use the ipfwadm/ipchains port
redirection to simulate what you want by having Apache bound to port 81,
and redirect port 80 traffic on the "Apache-interface" to port 81. A
similar thing may be possible using ipfilter or other similar tools.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker