Re: have proxies hit the big time? (fwd)

From: tom minchin <tom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:31:19 +1100

On Sun, Mar 21, 1999 at 07:11:30PM -0700, Dax Kelson wrote:

> [...]

Hope this works better than auto proxy in 4 and 3. We found that that clients
were still occasionally accessing port 80 directly, despite being PAC'ed with
no DIRECT entries. This caused helpdesk problems as we have a redirect to
a web page telling them to configure their proxies if they try a direct port 80
access (obviously this infuriates the average user and helpdesk operator if
the proxies are configured and they still get the "configure your proxies"
message in their browser).

tom@interact.net.au