Re: Squid and SSL

From: Juan Carlos Castro y Castro <jcastro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 14:16:23 -0300

Correct me in I'm wrong then: Squid clients are screwed if they try to
access https:// sites on ports other than 443 or 563, ok?

I couldn't quite understand the reason for the limitation... If the port
information is dropped before the request goes to the proxy, how do both
443 and 563 ports work? (there's probably something didn't get right,
could you get into a little more detail?)

Also, can I configure Squid to allow ports other than these ones for
https or do I have to hack code?

Thanx,

--
 ___THE___  One man alone cannot fight the future. USE LINUX!