Redirection Error

From: Adalto Silva Correia Filho <adalto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 18:12:44 -0300 (GRNLNDST)

Dear Friends,

        Some clients of mine have recently complained about acessing some
chat sites through their squid caches. The problem occurs everytime they
point their squids to ours as a parent.

        The error is, essentially, that the user receives a message,
telling him that his nickname is already in use. This happens with any
nickname used. When the redirection is removed, ie the client access the
site through a hierachy of only one squid, everything goes fine.

        I've tried simulating the situation within our site, and the
results were exactly the same. The squid2.1patch2 children was configured
with:

cache_peer foo parent 3128 3130 no-digest
hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?
acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
no_cache deny QUERY

        Does anyone of you have any idea of what could be causing this?
Is it a misconfiguration problem or a problem specific to the chat site
(chatter.uol.com.br)?

        Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,

Adalto S. Correia Filho
Administrador de Redes do POP-CE

Administrador de Sistemas e Redes
adalto@pop-ce.rnp.br
Ponto de Presença da Rede Nacional de Pesquisa no Ceará
http://www.pop-ce.rnp.br info@pop-ce.rnp.br