Re: Page Forwarding

From: David Zanetti <dave2@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 08:31:48 +1200 (NZST)

Excuse me Squid experts if this is wrong.. :)

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Simon.Dray wrote:

> Can someone explain to me how squid forwards a requested page to the client is
> the page stored in cache then forwarded when complete , forwarded as it is
> received or is it blocked up and then sent or is it passed straight through.

Objects currently in transit are stored in the hot objects pool, which is
usually in RAM. The object is forwarded to the client as it's received
(subject to things like delay pools).

However, for anything using the CONNECT method, it's passed straight
through, with no caching.

Hopefully this is both correct and what you were asking :)

| (__) | David Zanetti <dave2@earthling.net> |
| ( oo | Unix Systems Administrator, Wellington City Council |
| /\_| | Moderator, nz.politics.announce |