Log file ACL analysis

From: Stephen Anderson <stephena@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:11:50 -0600

I've scanned through the list archives and couldn't find any mention
of something like I'm looking for. I use a good number of acls to
block some network access. I'd like to find someway to take an
access log, grep out all the DENIED entries, and then associate each
address with whicever acl blocked it. I was wondering if there were
any perl scripts that could do this given the log file and the acl
definitions. I realise I could get the AclMatchedName from the
cache.log if I upped the debugginf, but that's not really convienent.
I'm looking for something that I can run offline simply for report
generation. Anybody know of anything like this? Thanks!

Stephen Anderson
stephena@HiWAAY.net