Odd problem with files in acl's

From: Simon Daykin <simon.daykin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 08:57:53 -0000

Dear all,

Have been running squid with no problems now for nearlly a year, but ... am
trying to impliment an access list using a separate file. Here's what I
have got:

acl all src "/usr/local/squid/users"
<snip>
http_access allow all

/usr/local/squid/users contains a file like...

193.240.227.35/255.255.255.254
193.240.227.36/255.255.255.254
etc
etc

The idea being that another user has control over the access list but not
squid.conf.. If I replace the file name in the acl with one of the IP
addresses then that IP address can access, but no-one can using the file
list. Each entry is on a new line.

Any idea's?

Regards

Simon Daykin