Re: cachemgr.cgi

From: Adalto Silva Correia Filho <adalto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 07:58:29 -0300 (GRNLNDST)

Hi Marlon,

> hello,
> am new to squid and would like to install the cachemgr.cgi to enable
> reconfigs via web. is there any howto-like document that shows how to go
> about this?? my web servers is not the same machine as the squid box.

        If you're not worried about secuity issues with you cgi-bin
directory, you should just copy the cachemgr.cgi to your web server's
cgi-bin directory. It'll work fine. If you want to store it in another
directory, instead of cgi-bin, you should read
http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/FAQ/FAQ-9.html.

Caution: The web server machine must have the same operational system
than the one squid was compiled in.

> what config file changes do i need to do to enable cachemgr.cgi?

You just have to add the cachemgr_passwd directives you want in the
squid.conf file.

HTH.

Regards,
Adalto S. Correia Filho
Administrador de Redes do POP-CE

Administrador de Sistemas e Redes
adalto@pop-ce.rnp.br
Ponto de Presença da Rede Nacional de Pesquisa no Ceará
http://www.pop-ce.rnp.br info@pop-ce.rnp.br