Re: Squid 2 - ?huh? why two ICP ports?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 10:57:20 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Patrick Mau wrote:

> I would be really disappointed if this is true, because Cache-Digests
> are expensive if you have multiple peers and a low-bandwidth link.

Cache Digests are less expensive than ICP in almost any environment
where peering makes sense. Current implementation of Cache Digests
may be more expensive sometimes, but a few essential changes are on the
way, including "deltas" that solve the problem you are describing:
        http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/FAQ/FAQ-16.html#ss16.7

Alex.