Re: Concurrent users logged in

From: Vesselin Atanasov <vesselin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 12:57:05 +0000 (UTC)

I'm not sure whether you mean that "1 user = 1 IP" or that
"1 user = 1 connection to the proxy". I assume you mean the first one.
Probably what you need is the number of currently open HTTP connections
to/from your cache. If you want to know this use the cachemgr.cgi script.
You can see the number of used file descriptors in the
'General Runtime Information' menu. And the URLs to which squid connects
using these descriptors can be viewed from the
'Process Filedescriptor Allocation' menu. You can use some script to parse
the output of these menus to calculate the number of IPs which access
the proxy at the moment you fetch data from cache manager. But this
statistics will not be very useful, because one "logged in" user may have
opened only 1 connection to the proxy, and another "logged in" user may
have opened 30 connections to the proxy server.

vesselin atanasov