Re: Rebuilding Cache

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 18:30:08 +1000

Bester Leon wrote:

> What command line parameters do I use to rebuild a 1.1.21 cache
>
> My files seems to have gotten confused somehow and incorrect pages are
> being displayed
>
> Leon

Problem: You don't.

Possible solutions:
1. Identify the jumbled resources, shut squid down, and remove the rogue
entries from the swap.log file. Restart.

2. Remove the swap.log file (essentially wiping your cache index) and
start fresh.

Squid2.x does not have this problem, as it can re-index the cache-files
(metadata is stored with the cache-files in 2.x), however loss or
corruption of the cache-index (swap.log) in 1.1 is Not A Good Thing(tm)
and not readily recoverable.