Re: Broken FTP's with IE5

From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 07:44:33 +1000

Hi,

In the release notes for IE5, it states that web style FTP does not work
with FTP proxies - they bypass any settings you have for ftp proxies. You
may wish to read through this.

The workaround is to turn off web based FTP.

Annoying, I know, but that's they way they're doing it...

Reuben

At Tuesday 30/03/99 03:24 PM +0100, Pedro Ribeiro wrote:
>After i'v installed the new IE5 all my FTP's thru proxy are broken.
>It seems that M$ was screwed something ...
>Does anyone knows here is the problem ??
>I'm just seeing that all the people will complain about the proxy not about
>IE5 ... so ... probably we have to make some hacking in squid to make it
>works.
>
>TIA.
>
>[]---------------------------------------------------------------[]
> Pedro Ribeiro
> Online: http://www.isel.pt/~pribeiro/
> IRC(PTnet) Nick: PAntMaR
> e-Mail: Personal: pribeiro@isel.pt
> Admin: admin@isel.pt

Reuben Farrelly Sunbury, VIC 3429, Australia
reuben@mira.net
"The only reason people get lost in thought is because
it's unfamiliar territory." - Claude Marcotte