Re: Netscape /Squid2patch2 /mime ?

From: Dick Connell <connell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 19:57:06 -400

Hi -

I have similar problem - the same file from a server will sometimes
have a return code of 200 with a mime type of application/pdf, other
times the return code is 206 with a mime type of
multipart/x-byterange. The file sizes will be different - sometimes
the byterange file is larger than the pdf file which had a 200 return
code. The file on the server has not changed.

Why does the same file have different mime types in the access.log

It seems that some browsers pass a partial file to the acrobat
reader. This causes browser and machine lock ups.

The same client machine gets correct results when connecting directly
to the server or when using an http proxying firewall.

Please help.

Thank you in advance,

Dick Connell