FATAL: none: (2) No such file or directory

From: Johnny Oestergaard <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 11:17:04 +0200

Hi

I have just installed Squid 2.1 on Linux Slackware 3.6 (2.0.25)
When I start Squid I get this error message:

FATAL: none: (2) No such file or directory

First I tried to change logs and cache to 777 but that changed nothing.
I am starting Squid from root with nobody and nogroup.

I don't know why I get this error, and it doesn't help me at all to find
the error.
Please tell me why I get this error. There must be some reason why the
programme displays this error and stops initializing Squid. (I think)

I think it's because squid can't create it's cache dir., but I don't know

/johnny