Squid Log Rotate

From: Vernon A. Fort <vfort@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 13:53:20 -0500

I'm confused about the way squid automatically rotates logs on linux.
When I install the RPM, it placed a squid file in the logrotate.d/
directory. I modified this file to rotated daily, however it does not
rotate the logs. This is a copy of the file on a redhat 5.2 server

/var/log/squid/squid.out {
    daily
    rotate 5
    copytruncate
    compress
# This script asks squid to rotate its logs on its own.
# Restarting squid is a long process and it is not worth
# doing it just to rotate logs
    postrotate
      /usr/sbin/squid -k rotate
    endscript