Re: Objects purged

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 12:05:08 +0200

Irfan Akber wrote:

> When the cache disk is full 90% squid starts removing the objects.

Yes, but only some. Squid tries to keep the disk usage inside
cache_swap_high and cache_swap_low.

> Does squid permanently removes the object from cache or make them stale

Permanent, to make space for new objects.

> Is it possible to stop squid from removing these objects even the harddisk cache is full.

Not unless you have a unlimited disk space.

> I think if it starts removing them and bring 5GB cache down to 1GB that

It doesn't. Not unless you have configured cache_swap_low to a very
small value at least.

Any messages in squid/logs/cache.log and your systems messages file? It
is possible that you are seeing some other error causing Squid to shrink
the cache.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker