Re: Per user limit?

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 08:37:51 +1000

Csaba Kabai wrote:

> Hello squid-users!
>
> I'm new in this list and first at all please ignore my english mistakes... :-)
>
> My question is next:
>
> How can I disable the user, who is reached 50 Mb download limit?
>
> I use squid 2.2 and proxy_auth. If one of my user reached
> approximately 40-45 Mbyte amount of download, I want to kick it. ( Sorry, we
> have
> a limited account) How can I implement it with squid?
>
> Thanks for all!
>
> Csaba Kabai

There are a number of (unsatisfactory) ways of doing this. What _I_
would do (which is not necessarily what you or anyone else would do) is
to write a little program to watch the access log, and account usage as
it happens, and another program to act as a redirector. The redirector
communicates with the first program to query usage for the user, and
when it is exceeded redirects all requests to a rejection URL (which
would not itself be accounted)