Re: disable local server caching

From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 23:36:06 +1000

At Wednesday 7/04/99 01:27 PM +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have the following in my squid.conf file:
>
>acl local-servers dst 195.130.132.0/255.255.255.0
>always_direct allow local-servers

Fair enough...

>to disable caching to my local servers, but now I see that squid
>(2.1patch2) still caches everything to my local domains (like
>www.pandora.be, tucows.pandora.be,...). What am I doing wrong?

Squid is working exactly as it should in this case.

You need to make use of the no_cache option in squid.conf:

 From the squid.conf file:
>acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
>no_cache deny QUERY

In your case, you should either add to the acl list or create one of your
own, and use it with no_cache <new-acl-name> The same treatment which is
done to cgi-bin files and URL's with ?'s in them.

I guess you could alternatively use a file here with a list of locally
hosted web sites instead of an acl list explicitly listed in squid.conf?

Reuben

Reuben Farrelly Sunbury, VIC 3429, Australia
reuben@mira.net
"The only reason people get lost in thought is because
it's unfamiliar territory." - Claude Marcotte