Accelerator mode: connect retry possible?

From: Andreas J. Koenig <andreas.koenig@dont-contact.us>
Date: 12 Apr 1999 17:54:11 +0200

Dear squid-users,

I'm using squid in accelerator mode only and I haven't yet found a way
to let squid retry to connect to the backend apache if a connect
fails. Squid aborts immediately with an error message.

Is it possible to configure squid so that it retries to connect to the
backend server several times until it succeeds? I'm asking because
with such an option it would be much more convenient to restart the
backend server occasionally. People would only have to wait a little
longer instead of getting an error message. Normally I need only 25
seconds to restart my apache, so people would accept this as normal
temporary hiccups.

Thanks,

--
andreas