Re: "HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR" broken for https connections

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 21:32:04 +0200

Not for SSL connections. To my knowledge there is no SSL setup message
which identifies the client IP address, and a proxy/tunnel can only
possibly touch the SSL stream in the initial setup phase.

I regard proxied SSL connections much like an encrypted phone line. Both
endpoints knows what it is, but for anyone in the middle (including the
proxy) it only looks like jibberish.

Anyone with more knowledge of SSL may be able to answer this better.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker